YOUR RUBBISH YOUR RESPONSIBILITYYou Could Be Fined If You Use an Unlicensed Waste Skip Carrier or Operator!


How to check for legitimate waste skip carriers/operators:

There is an unlicensed waste site operating in the Goostrey area, if you’re looking to have waste removed from your property or business, a legitimate waste skip carrier/operator will always:

  • Be registered with the Environment Agency and have a waste skip carrier licence which can be verified on the Environment Agency website at
  • Provide a waste transfer note for removal of any waste on request (for example: following building or garden work)
  • Provide details of the site license where the waste is to be recycled/disposed which can be verified on the Environment Agency website at (you can check the list of operators by authority ie Cheshire East or Cheshire West, which is easier if you don’t have a specific name or location)
  • Be able to provide proof of where it was taken in the form of an official weight ticket which will identify the disposal site

NOTE: There are no licensed Waste Disposal or Recycling Sites in Goostrey or Holmes Chapel!

Always follow the SCRAP code

Suspect all waste carriers. Don’t let them take your rubbish until they provide proof of registration with the Environment Agency. Note their vehicle’s registration plate.

Check that a waste carrier is registered on the Environment Agency’s website at or call them on 03708 506 506.

Refuse any unexpected offers to have your rubbish taken away.

Ask how your rubbish will be disposed of – seek evidence of this.

Paperwork must be obtained: a proper invoice, waste transfer note or receipt, including a description of the waste being removed and the waste carrier’s contact details.