Goostrey Village Hall
Welcome to the Goostrey Village Hall page.
Our Village Hall is managed by Goostrey Parish Council, and has a team of dedicated staff headed up by our Village Hall Supervisor, Janet Keates.
Janet manages all aspects of the day to day running of the Village Hall including bookings, caretaker services, maintenance etc. She is assisted by our Village Hall Cleaner, Sue Sproson, who keeps all the rooms to a very high standard of cleanliness. And Sharon Jones our Parish Clerk, manages the invoices and payments for all bookings.
On this page we have tried to give you access to all the information you need to make a booking in the Village Hall.
Bookings and Caretaker Services
Janet Keates is the main contact for the Village Hall. She can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone on 07460 830382.
Janet will arrange to open the Village Hall for your event, if there is a last minute change to your plans please call her direct.
Invoice Queries (only) – Call Sharon Jones on 01477 535825 (9.30 – 12.30 Mon, 13.00 – 16.00 Wed, 13.00 – 16.00 Fri, answerphone outside of office hours).
How to book the Village Hall – Simple 3 Step Process
1. Use the Village Hall Calendar to check if the date you want is free.
We receive bookings daily and the online calendar is updated when we receive a booking. However, you may want to check with us on the telephone that the date you require is available before sending in your booking form.
If the calendar does not display below click View Calendar
2. Next email/phone our Village Hall Supervisor, Janet Keates on firstname.lastname@example.org /phone 07460 830382 to make a provisional booking.
Please note that provisional bookings are only held for 14 days, if we do not receive a completed application form within that time your booking will be cancelled.
3. Print off and complete a booking form and return it to us at the Village Hall (within 14 days of making the provisional booking), remembering to keep a copy for yourself. Or you can scan your form and send it by e-mail to email@example.com
Please note if you want to alter the time of the booking, you need to confirm this with the Janet before putting the new time on the form, as any changes can have an impact on other hirers.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR HIRERS
- Full terms and conditions are on page 2 of the booking form, by signing the form and sending the booking form to us you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of hire.
- If you are hiring the Village Hall for an organisation or for someone else and you will not be present at the event please ensure you notify us in advance with the name and contact details of the responsible person who will be present at the event.
- You must put all of your requirements for Caretaker Services on the form, or notify them to in writing or by e-mail more than two weeks prior to the event. This will ensure that we can make best efforts to fulfil your request in regard to these services.
- Unfortunately due to a number of hirers not paying for children’s parties we now require payment in advance for any children’s party.
- Please ask for a quote when you make your provisional booking and pay when you send in your form (payment by bank transfer, cheque or in cash, do not send cash payments in the post, arrange to make payments in cash with the Clerk).
- Our own kitchen has been improved and you should check with the Village Hall Supervisor regarding the facilities you require before booking the School Kitchen.
- Hirers are reminded that if they book the School Kitchen they are required to book Caretaker Services & Cleaning and complete a Risk Assessment Form which must be returned with their booking form to the Village Hall Supervisor by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org